EB-3 Skilled or Professional Workers

The EB-3 category includes:

  • Individuals with at least two years experience as skilled workers.
  • Professionals with a bachelor’s degree.
  • Unskilled laborers who possess less than two years of experience with work for which U.S. workers are not available.

Documents required for an EB-3 visa

To apply under this category, you require the following documentation:

  • A job offer from your U. S. employer which states that he is hiring you for an occupation for which you have received training/education, or a closely related occupation.
  • Labor Certification (Form ETA-750) from the U.S. Department of Labor.

Note: All EB-3 applications must include a Labor Certification and a job offer. There are no exceptions. The type of job and your background determines you being classified as “skilled” “unskilled,” or “professional”.

In addition to the above, to qualify under:

  • The Skilled worker option for the E-3 category, you must show evidence of capability in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience in your skill set.
  • The Professionals option for the E-3 category, you must show as evidence a U.S. bachelor’s degree (or its foreign equivalent) as a minimum requirement in order to join the profession. Experience and education cannot be substituted for the degree.
  • The Other workers option for the E-3 category, you must show that you have less than two years of higher education, training, or experience.

Note : Due to a large backlog under this category, you may have to wait many years before being granted a visa.

Procedure to apply for an EB-3 visa

In order to apply through the EB-3 category:

  • Your employer must obtain an approved Labor Certification (Form ETA-750), from the U.S. Department of Labor, which must mention that the position offered needs the education, training or experience that you have acquired in your field.
  • After the Labor Certification has been approved, your employer must submit Form I-140 (Petition for Alien Workers) on your behalf at a USCIS Regional Service Center that has jurisdiction over the location of your employment in the United States.